Home / Departments / Community (page 2)

Community

Oh, What a Fright

Stay Entertained on Halloween by Pamela Kleibrink Thompson If you want to do something other than trick-or-treat on Halloween, check out the festivities at Twin Oaks Farms, an operating farm located north of Beacon Light on Eagle Road, home of ...

Read More »

Fight Fire With Training

Nick Landry, Division Chief of Training and Education, Eagle Fire Department by Pamela Kleibrink Thompson, photos by Lance Thompson I lived in Idaho for a short time as a child and had always planned to move back if given the ...

Read More »

Teaching Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Jobs

by Liza Long “If we teach today’s students as we taught yesterday’s, we rob them of tomorrow.” –John Dewey, 20th century American philosopher and educational reformer In this divisive political season, there’s one thing nearly everyone can agree on: Our nation’s schools are ...

Read More »

Local Charity Gives Injured Vet A Fresh Start

by Eagle Magazine, photos courtesy of 208Cares In 2012, it looked like Bradley Wells’ life was over, but now an Eagle, Idaho charity has given him a fresh start. 208 Cares, a local charity that provides housing for disabled veterans, ...

Read More »

The Colors of Heroes

by Pamela Kleibrink Thompson, photos by Jack Flogel Eagle’s Merrill Park will be transformed on May 20th to a Field of Honor when volunteers gather to fill it with 600 U.S. flags in perfect rows. It’s appropriate that it happen in Merrill Park ...

Read More »

Young at Any Age

Idaho Center for Regenerative Medicine Helps Clients Look and Feel Their Best by Liza Long, photography by Jim Peterson When I first met Dr. Robert Haake at his Eagle clinic, I thought he had stepped right out of a Norman ...

Read More »

Rising Strong

Daring in Idaho helps women to discover their inner joy. By Liza Long, Photography by Jim Peterson Nancy Nadolski wasn’t planning on changing the world. Then one afternoon while folding socks and washing dishes, she listened to Brene Brown’s inspiring viral TED talk on the power of ...

Read More »

Raul Labrador

Eagle resident and an American politician By Ana Maria Cuneo, Photography by Jim Peterson In his third term as Representative for the First District in Capitol Hill, Congressman Raúl Labrador is a busy man. He recently co-wrote and co-sponsored a bipartisan bill intended to increase judges’ discretion and ...

Read More »

Eagle Country Christmas

By Amy Larson, Photography Courtesy of the City of Eagle It’s always wonderful to see people having fun, getting out of their houses, and socializing, especially during the holiday season. Eagle Country Christmas is one of those great opportunities, having ...

Read More »

Indulgence

By Amy Larson, Photography by Marshall Nichols On the first Thursday of every month, the Village at Meridian hosts a special event called “Escape to the Village.” I took a few of my friends, and being four hard-working women in ...

Read More »