Home / Departments / Community (page 3)

Community

Avocation

By Nicole Christensen Pettinger, Photography by Nicole Christensen Pettinger and Scotty Perkins The sun ignites the morning sky in a cotton candy watercolor before it ever crests the budding foothills, and the crisp spring air infuses the lungs. We meet ...

Read More »

Simple, Clean, Lean and Mean

Local professionals give home decorating advice By Amy Larson, Photography by Cy Gilbert Looking to make some changes to your home? Several Eagle area experts recently gave input on specific, fairly simple adjustments that can bring increased comfort, value, and ...

Read More »

These Hands That Paint the Mind’s Visions

Photography and Story by Nicole Christensen Pettinger   A treasure chest of color is about to open its door at The Eagle Art Gallery, located at 50 2nd St., in the heart of downtown Eagle. Owner Stephen Douglas is a ...

Read More »

Net Gain: Connor Armstrong

By Pamela Kleibrink Thompson, Photo by Pete Grady   “No matter how well I played that day, I can always do better.  Whether it is running, endurance or footwork, I can always practice harder, play harder to reach those goals!” ...

Read More »

Why the Emphasis on Athletics in Schools?

The Role of Sports in Academics By Jessica McAnally Photography by Pete Grady  There is growing debate surrounding athletics and their place in academics. With the shrinking budget allotted to public schools, many districts are being forced to cut back and ...

Read More »

More Than A Game

The new head coach of the boy’s basketball team at Eagle High School endeavors to teach his players more than just a sport By Jacob Rivers Photography by Pete Grady  Coach Wells is an Idaho native who grew up in ...

Read More »

The Warhawk Air Museum Turns 25

Full of vintage airplanes, equipment, and soldiers’ stories, the museum keeps growing and creating connections in the Veterans’ community. An exciting year ahead: the museum will honor the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War, and its veterans, hosting 6 free ...

Read More »

Evolution of a filmmaker: Michael Margulies, ASC

Local filmmaker shows how art is born by Pamela Kleibrink Thompson Eagle resident Michael D. Margulies, ASC, worked for over 35 years as a cinematographer for feature films, television movies, and commercials. He has 77 credits as a cinematographer and has ...

Read More »

The Family Behind the Football

A unique insight into new Bronco Head Coach Bryan Harsin’s family and lifestyle. Story and photography by Nicole Pettinger Who are the Harsins? This is a question that piques and intrigues many, and as I set out to do this ...

Read More »

Hall of Fame

The Stellar Appeal of the Hall International Academy Story by Kirk Walton Photography by Pete Grady and Hailey Jackson Hall International Academy is a truly new kind of school.  In this one building, they have brought together a high-caliber college ...

Read More »