Home / Departments / Community (page 4)

Community

The Family Behind the Football

A unique insight into new Bronco Head Coach Bryan Harsin’s family and lifestyle. Story and photography by Nicole Pettinger Who are the Harsins? This is a question that piques and intrigues many, and as I set out to do this ...

Read More »

Hall of Fame

The Stellar Appeal of the Hall International Academy Story by Kirk Walton Photography by Pete Grady and Hailey Jackson Hall International Academy is a truly new kind of school.  In this one building, they have brought together a high-caliber college ...

Read More »

Interview with Crooked Flats Co-Owner Kelly Knopp

Story and Photo by Nicole Christensen Pettinger Boldness in action comes to mind when I think of each encounter I’ve had with Kelly Knopp. His jovial attitude and matching intensity makes for an interesting concoction; just like his 40+ artistic ...

Read More »

Bricknowlogy—Lego Heaven

A retail store that’s also a sanctuary and school for builders. By Laura Wolstenholme Photography by Candace Sweet When my two Lego-maniacs were younger, they yearned for a Lego play-land closer to home than the official one in Carlsbad, California. ...

Read More »

Driving Ahead

Kids thriving on the Regional, National and World Motorsports Stage By Kent Smith Photography by Karen Smith If I were to ask you to name some local Idahoans who were top competitors in their sports, you might point out leaders ...

Read More »

Eagle Community Boy Scouts Win

It’s all about survival for these young men, and they conquered it. By Kyle Albert Photography by Michael Hasslbauer Most kids love to frolic in the snow – but how many can rescue you from an avalanche, set your broken ...

Read More »

Blast From the Past

Cold winters were part of the landscape for Eagle’s first farmers. By Nicole Sharp Photography Courtesy of Eagle Historical Society What makes an island in the middle of the desert? The modern community of Eagle, Idaho was originally developed on ...

Read More »

Porterhouse Bourbon and Molasses Short Ribs

These fall-off-the-bone-tender beef short ribs are the kind of old-fashioned comfort food that chilly winter days were made for.  It’s really a rather simple recipe to accomplish and a wonderful dish for serving guests of up to eight.   16 ...

Read More »

Giving Local

Local opportunities for charitable giving abound in the Eagle community. By Pamela Kleibrink Thompson Photography by Kate Matthews When it comes to sustaining a vibrant and healthy local economy, supporting local charities and good works is just as important as ...

Read More »

Holiday Extravaganza in Eagle

Save the date. Do a little holiday shopping with local vendors at CrossFit’s Holiday Extravaganza on November 7th from 3:00-8:00pm.

Read More »